Sunday, June 20, 2010

Week in Review - with a dollop of panic on top

I am doing a sprint distance triathlon in three weeks. With all my self talk about how this is just practice.... It is not a US Tri Association sanctioned event..... It is a short one..... Today I am feeling a little panicked. I knew that doing this event a mere six weeks after Dam to Dam would mean I would just have to accept that it will be what it will be. I believe I am strong enough, have enough cardio endurance to move through a 400 yard swim, 13 mile bike, 5K run. But tonight I feel a little panicked.

This week's training:

Monday - Pilates
Tuesday - 40 minute swim
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - just shy of a 4 mile run, Yoga over the noon hour
Friday - Spinning
Saturday - 18-19 mile bike
Sunday - 4 mile run

I am only one workout short of hitting every event twice this week. Today I intended to do a swim/run brick, but the pool was closed. (grrrrr)

Time to calm down, focus on what I can do and accept it will be what it will be.

I think I will attempt a swim/run brick in the morning just to ease my monkey mind.



2 comments:

  1. I hear ya...got the 3 week panic setting in myself. Why are we doing this?!?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend, Kari, just did a sprint this weekend with little training and she did much better than she thought. You're more prepared than you think you are, and I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete