Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Resting and Eating

So I know it has only been three days since I ran 12.4 miles. I know Runner's World (and others) say a person should rest one day for each mile raced. (Although they define rest as 'active rest' meaning light activity.) Sunday I rested. Monday morning I went for an easy swim. I swam 35 minutes or so, didn't count laps, didn't do anything but move through the water. Today, I rested again.

Oh, and I've been eating. Eating anything and everything I want including several of these. Eating like I run 12.4 miles everyday.

I know some post-event let-down, which I am currently experiencing, is normal. I've also had a particularly stressful couple of days at work. But a lethargy is setting in that I don't like. For me exercise is about stress relief, structure, health and event-related goals. Not to mention some weight management. John is out of town today and tomorrow. I am trying to give myself a break with the promise that I will be back at it Thursday morning with renewed energy... And I swear I'll only eat one of the left over Oreo's from Sunday's cupcake making. Ok, maybe two.


2 comments:

  1. Meghan just wrote a post about a milkshake. You blog about Oreo cupcakes...there must be something in the air. Or maybe not. This is the kind of stuff I eat on a regular basis!

    Don't be too hard on yourself. You'll be back at it in full force soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Hil. Enjoy the few days off and eat 'til your heart (and belly) is content. Consider it your 12.4 reward.

    ReplyDelete