I am planning to race the Iowa Games Triathlon on July 11th. It is a 400 meter swim, 13 mile bike, 5K run. I have no expectations for the race except to practice, to get another triathlon under my belt. It is time to focus on preparing for that race, followed by the YWCA triathlon in Minneapolis in August. (Where I may actually set some goals.) For the next month my plan is just to try to hit each sport twice a week. To do a few brick workouts. A few open water swims. To do some speed work on both the bike and running (my only goal for the swim is to survive) To rev up my intensity over the coming weeks.
How did I begin this week of recommitment and re-focus on triathlon training? With Pilates of course. John took the morning work out (it was his turn) so I swore I would hit Spinning over the noon hour at the Y. Then I a meeting was scheduled for 1:15pm, which would not give me nearly enough time to collect myself after a Spinning class. (I sweat. A lot.) So I went to Pilates and got back to work in the nick of time, not sweaty. Better than nothing, right?
I am planning a swim tomorrow. Really. I am done unloading.
Nothing wrong with a little unloading after a long run! Sounds like you're regrouping and have a plan. I'll look forward to reading about your next phase of training.
ReplyDelete