Oy what a week! The blower on our furnace/AC gave out. Good thing it is only in the 90's as we wait for our new $3,000 purchase to be installed. John's schedule is heavy with deadlines, mine lighting up with stresses and obligations. Last night when I got home from work I walked into an 87 degree house, so I packed up the girls (after tumbling and tennis) and headed over to my folks house to enjoy their air conditioned splendor.
This morning I laid in an unfamiliar bed, watching the sky lighten while I dozed. I wanted to roll back over and catch another hour of sleep, but I knew I'd feel better if I just went for a run. A demanding day was waiting for me and I needed the Void to make sure I could be loose, relaxed, less anxious.
I pulled myself out of bed and set out for a run. A little over a mile to the track, 4 x 400 at 8 min pace, a little over a mile back to my folks. It was hot, hot, soupy, humid. I was tired and my legs were still heavy from this weekend's race despite a nice recovery swim yesterday. The college football team was practicing and watching my 38 year old attempts at speed work. And as the day wore on I was so grateful for that run - I didn't miss the extra hour of sleep one bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment