Thursday, July 1, 2010

The anticipation.... it's always worse ** Edited ** Grossed out

Today was my first open water swim since last triathlon season. It was no big deal. Huh. That's kind of surprising. I did dawdle quite a bit on the shore of the lake where I swam.... Took my shoes off and arranged them quite carefully... is my towel just right? Are my googles on properly? But once I got going I was just fine. More relaxed than I ever recall being last year. I can still only keep my eyes open in the water about half the time, but I didn't feel at all anxious or panicky. Progress. Progress to be sure.

After my swim, my sister Betsy and her boyfriend Mack joined me for a run around the lake. A little more than four miles on a trail run on a gorgeous day. I am planning to squeeze in at least two more open water swims before the holiday weekend is out. A little more than a week to go for triathlon number two.

** I had to edit to add that the lake where I swam (a mere six miles from my house) is on this list. I feel a little queasy. But I am actually contemplating swimming there again tomorrow.



2 comments:

  1. Jealous. I felt anxious. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet many of our lakes around here would qualify for a list similar to that. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete