I have been trying to focus my training energy on the bicycle, knowing full well it is place where I have the most opportunity to improve. It is, after all, the longest event of the triathlon. I have been taking the mantra of 'where am I going to put this energy' to my bike workouts. My success has been mixed. I am trying to focus on taking full advantage of all parts of the pedal. Telling myself to keep my core engaged, hands loose and drive my legs full circle. Make my legs like pistons, keep my cadence steady.
On both a longer ride yesterday and a shorter one today I started very strong and just kind of pooped out at the end. My back started to hurt, I lost form, lost drive. I've been trying to do interval work (both hill and speed) to improve my bicycle fitness and endurance. With two solid weeks of training to go (before taper week. luuuurrrve taper week) I believe I will be putting the majority of training energy into my bike.
No comments:
Post a Comment