I'm entering the stage of my training process that is now familiar to me. The part where I think I'm not doing enough. The part where I am not seeing an progress. The part where I get nervous. The part where I second guess my decision to participate in this foolishness.
Then my mind is also wanders past the August 15th triathlon to 'what am I going to do next?' Am I going to look for one more tri to round out the season? Will I focus on running and try to squeeze in a couple of more races through the Fall? Could I get trained quick enough to do a half marathon in October? All that tells me that my internal critic can be drowned out by the more positive (more competitive?) side of my nature. The one that is excited to see what kind of progress I've made this year when I race this triathlon for the second time.
Nice! Way to step up the workouts...perfect timing! I, on the other hand, inadvertently began my taper about 3 weeks early. This race isn't going to be pretty.
ReplyDelete