Friday, May 28, 2010

Run, Interrupted

I didn't even intend to blog this morning's run. My plan was to go out, do an easy 4 miles, come home and pack me and the girls for a quick trip to Minnesota. Nothing noteworthy... So I'm out enjoying the beautiful sunny morning, running up Iowa Avenue and I pass a dad pushing his daughter in the stroller.

"Morning."

"Morning."

About half a mile up the road I see a well loved pink blanket on the ground. Oh no! As a mom to two girls who are very attached to their lovies I know what I have to do. I scoop it up, turn around and start chasing the dad and the stroller. I can see him and holler at him, but he can't hear me. Then he turns the corner. Oh no. I speed up as fast as I can and start running through some neighborhood trying to find him. I finally spy him and catch up and it was, indeed, his daughter Bailey's beloved blanket. They were thrilled and I felt like a good samaritan.

Of course I think I know where I am - I think the trail is right around the corner - I can pick it up and get back to my car. Ummm... not so much. I start running through a neighborhood I've never been in trying to find the trail and I got a little lost. I finally find it and my legs are dead. I jog back to my car. The graph for that run shows I was running a 8:00 min mile pace for the .5-.8 miles I was trying to return the lovey to it's rightful owner. The graph also shows I was running 11 min mile pace the last half mile or so of my run!

5.6 miles - 10:08 average pace.

Off to Minnesota!



1 comment:

  1. I love this story, and a bonus, you got a little speed work in that you weren't intending to do!

    ReplyDelete