I am again praising the group dynamic, which propelled me to finish strong. Janelle took her bike out late in the day yesterday and dropped water for us at miles 4, 6, 8 and 10. Deb's husband met us at the end of the trail with an air conditioned mini-van, a cooler full of beverages and homemade protein bars. And when my legs were feeling crunchy, tired and like I didn't want to go on there was someone right there that kept me going. Even though I am pretty sure she didn't know she was doing it.
We've done three long runs - two 10's and today's 11. Today I finished our run at a 9:53 average pace. If I have a perfect race day it is possible I will crack 2 hours. My goal, however, is to shave 10 minutes off last year's time of 2:17:36.
My goal time is 2 hours and 7 minutes. That is a really long time to run...
A goal time of 2:07 and a perfect race of 2 hours or less...seems pretty darn close to me. You've trained hard and well - your running group sounds awesome.
ReplyDeleteAnd a 9:53 pace is incredible...seriously, last year 7 miles at 11. This year 11 miles at sub 10. Nicely done! I can't wait to hear how the finish turns out for you (well...you might be slightly more anxious to see how it turns out than I am!). Just think what a breeze chugging out a 5k will be!