In short, I hoard my workouts.
But I am also in a place where I feel kind of off on those days where I don't get a workout. I have done very little weight training since I started Dam to Dam training, preserving my workout time for good runs. I cross train on those weeks where I can squeeze a 6th exercise session - I hit the pool or ride my bicycle as my mind wanders past Dam to Dam toward triathlon season.
After Saturday's epic run our coach suggested taking it easy this week. We have an 11 mile run cued up for this coming weekend, so I'm feeling just fine about easing into that. This morning I ran inside, on the treadmill, for the first time in a long time. 5 minute warm up (10 min pace) and then 1 min run (9:40 pace) interspersed with weights for 25 mins followed by a 5 minute cool down (10 minute pace). It felt great - even though I generally despise the treadmill.
No comments:
Post a Comment