Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Well, Since You Asked...

Challenge, Day 2

Maybe it would be good for me to update on my one month challenge regularly. Let's give it a try.

Today is election day. My boss is up for re-election. If he's not re-elected I will be looking for a new job. I've bee working hard to manage the anxiety I feel about that possibility, to acknowledge the uncertainty and not get bogged down in it. I took Monday (yesterday) and Tuesday (today) off work to volunteer in my county, knocking doors on two beautiful days in a row.

This morning I kicked off my day with a Spinning class, taught by my neighbor and friend. She is a fitness fiend, an experienced teacher who plays only the hippest music as loud as it will possibly go. I arrived a few minutes early for class, so I did some push ups and abs while I was waiting. It was great. My normal workout schedule is to exercise early (5:30am) most days and sneak in a noon-hour work out on the days an early session isn't possible. The past two days I've been able to go to the gym around 8:00am and that feels very nice - my body is a little looser, but the day's activities haven't taken hold just yet.

Then I spent several hours door knocking in my community, up and down streets I often run. It is a beautiful day and it was nice to do something productive with my election day nervousness. Tonight we head up to watch the election results. Tomorrow, no matter what the outcome, I will go for a run - probably down the same streets where I was door knocking today.

I know no matter what happens it will be ok.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry....yes, you will be ok. You are extremely marketable, but I realize the stress of finding and starting a new job is still very real.

    Enjoy your run.

    ReplyDelete