Friday, November 5, 2010

Not That You'd Know...

Today I took a vacation day. Work has been s.l.o.w. since Tuesday and I've been itching to restore some order on the home front. John took the girls to school and I headed off to the gym. 20 minutes on the elliptical trainer and then I took the "Physique" class. Apparently it's the workout Kelly Ripa does three days a week. Yeah. Me and Kelly Ripa. I would probably say this counts as my "try a new thing" except mostly it was a weight lifting class with light weights and moves that made me feel clumsy and foolish!

I thought about getting a massage. I thought about doing some shopping. Instead I spent the day clearing out the girls rooms. Their clothes have a tendency to get away from me. I stash the ones that are too small or out of season in their closets, but don't move them along. Today I spent almost four hours clearing their rooms, taking stuff to the garbage, to Goodwill. The thing is, their rooms don't look that much different! But I feel satisfied. Every morning the girls tidy their beds and tidy their rooms while they get dressed - I think the purge I did today will make that much easier for them.

I have a chicken roasting in the oven and some homemade rolls ready to pop in here shortly. A most productive day.



No comments:

Post a Comment