The upside (I think) is that we are all waking up pretty early. Yesterday I was up so early John and I were both able to get in morning runs and get everyone out the door at an unhurried pace. Today I was up at 4:45am, to the gym and home by 6:15am. The girls were already awake and we were able to move leisurely through our morning routine. I know it is inevitable that our bodies will adjust to the time change, as Winter descends mornings will again be dark, but right now I am enjoying this time in the morning with my family. It leaves me wondering if there is a benefit to pushing back the girls normal wake up time a little bit?
I'm here on day 9 of my November challenge. This morning my legs were tired, achy. I hopped into a group fitness class at the gym, needing the direction of an instructor, the dynamic of the group to keep me going. After a few minutes I felt loose, the soreness dissipated and I enjoyed the class. I think one of the good things about making this month's commitment is the consistency, is realizing that a workout on tired legs is ok, I can make adjustments along the way, but maybe my body doesn't need as much rest as I've been giving it.
We're waking up early here to, but I haven't viewed it, uh, as positively as you. Maybe I should try to re-think that one. I enjoy reading your perspective on exercise...both the mental and physical aspects. You have a nice way of describing it.
ReplyDelete