As I have moved out of triathlon training back into more regular running the knock-knock of a marathon is getting a little louder.
I know I won't make up my mind until after the November election (which is directly tied to my professional future) and probably not until after the first of the year. But I've booked-marked the Grandma's Marathon website. The race is June 18th, 2011. I could train through the cooler weather of the Spring and still do the YMCA Triathlon in August - which has become important to me. (Especially if my sister does it next year)
Despite the obvious worry about how on Earth I think I could run 26.2 miles all at once I am also worried about:
- Injury
- The training time commitment
- Pre-race anxiety (boy can I stay awake at night second guessing myself)
- During race mind-monkeys (which have been brutal sometimes and non-existent others)
- Starting and not being able to finish
Today I thought I would just put it out there and see where the thought takes me over the next couple of months.
I say you do it and get the monkey off your back. Then, I say you start putting more "fun" things on your to-do list. :)
ReplyDelete