I started my run with the goal of keeping my pace around a 10 min/mile. My legs felt good at that pace and I enjoyed the run very much. If there was any struggle it was only the last half mile or so where I started to get tired and was ready to be done. But it wasn't in that 'I can't possibly go on' sort of way. I finished 6.2 miles at a 10:03 pace.
I decided to sign up for the 10 miler. I know it helps my motivation if I have something to train for. All I really want is something to give structure to my workouts for the next month or so. I don't plan to set a time goal, just train for and run the race and enjoy summer slipping into Fall.
Sounds like you could do it tomorrow if you had to, but you've got a month to train! Enjoy the no-pressure training and hopefully some Fall weather!
ReplyDelete