Wednesday, August 25, 2010

So What Do I Do Now?

Since February I have been training for an event - events I cared about - Dam to Dam, the YWCA Triathlon. I sprinkled in the Drake Relays 8K in April, where I achieved my 8K PR and the Iowa Games Tri where I practiced for the Y Tri. I feel very good about the progress I've made in the past year and am trying to celebrate that while contemplating where I can continue to make improvements.

Over the past 10 days or so I've mostly been running. I've been running kind of slow - around a 9:50 pace, running about 4 miles a session. Running without a goal in mind, really, just enjoying some lovely mornings, some alone time, some time with my running group. I'm thinking about signing up for the Capital Striders 10 Miler. It's pretty cheap. I think I can train enough in the next month or so to get myself across the finish line without injury if I don't care too much about my time. I like having a goal to work toward - I think it keeps me focused, gets me out of bed in the morning.

But I'm not totally ready to commit. Is it post-race let down? Is it just that 6-7 months of somewhat focused training has left me ready for a break? I think I'm going to try a 6 miler (or so) this weekend at whatever pace feels good and decide then.

No comments:

Post a Comment