Saturday, September 11, 2010

So, So

This morning I ran 8.5 in the last long run before the 10 mile race. It was.... ok. I ran with some people from my running group and it was very nice to have the company. We started out a little fast for me - the first two miles coming in around 9 minute pace. The morning was cool, clear and beautiful. Our route took us on some gentle hills, but nothing too terrible.

I was dragging quite a bit the last mile or so - really, really ready to be done. I suspect that is a consequence of going out too fast. When I finished I just felt glad to be done. I didn't have that burst of adrenaline that sometimes comes from a long-ish. I didn't feel strong. I didn't feel proud. I felt glad to be done.

Even so, I'll take it.

2 comments:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself! 8.5 miles is no easy task.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how many times I've said, "I'll take it." at the end of a run. And, by the way, it wasn't an 8.5 mile run.

    ReplyDelete