To restate a reoccurring theme in this little corner of the world I am feeling a little bit at loose ends now that I am done racing for the season. I might do the Living History Farms race next month for fun, but I am done with setting goals and training for them for 2010. I feel very proud of what I've done this year, but I've been training for one event or another since February and think it is time to take a break.
Apparently my body is clued into this decision because for the last 10 days or so I have been very achy. My knees hurt, my feet hurt, my back hurts. It all hurts. I've done some runs, some Spinning, some yoga, some weights. I've taken more rest days than I usually do because of some work related obligations. As I drift along I am trying to focus on showing up. Lifting weights more often. Getting in a variety of work outs. Give myself permission to rest a bit during a busy professional season as I continue to contemplate the question of what's next.
I am also trying to be more intentional about what I eat so I don't put on too much weight as my activity level plateau's a bit. We've been loving "The Food Matters" cookbook for healthy delicious food. I also bought a Cooking Light magazine in an airport during last week's travels and have pulled a few things from that. Of course if you read the family blog you know I love to cook a good treat. So I will share these diet busters.... they are totally worth it.
Raspberry Almond Bars
Raspberry Almond Bars
1 stick butter
10-12 oz pkg white chocolate chips
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp almond extract
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
1/4 cup sliced almonds
Preheat the oven to 350.
Grease the bottom of a 9 x9 inch pan.
Melt the butter in saucepan and add 1 cup of the white chocolate chips. Do not stir.
Beat eggs and add sugar until well combined.
Add the butter/chip mixture and almond extract to the eggs and sugar.
Mix in flour and salt until just combined.
Spread half batter in greased 9x9 pan. (I only had an 8 x 8 and this turned out just fine) Bake 15-20 min at 350 and remove from the oven.
Melt jam and spread over top. Stir rest of chips into batter and drop on top. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake 30 min longer until toothpick comes out clean.
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment