I actually like the structure of a training plan. I like having a schedule to follow, a goal to meet. It will be good to have the process settle in around me, the community of runners I am now a part of support me. The next 12 weeks will lay the ground work for the Twin Cities Marathon this Fall. To avoid burn out I am mentally breaking the season into chunks - 12 weeks to Dam to Dam, a couple of weeks 'off,' 16 weeks to the TCM. Sounds doable right? Tonight I am seeing the horizon stretch out in front of me for the path I will follow to meet this goal and I am not totally freaking out. But I am a tiny bit freaked out.
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Sinking In
Tonight we had a meeting of members of the running group I joined last year to discuss Dam to Dam and training plans for the coming year. We officially start training for Dam to Dam next week, 12 weeks out. Gulp! It's not like I've done nothing - I've worked over the past couple of months to stay in some kind of running shape. But here it is, sinking in, that training really starts next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am impressed, but understand why you might feel a little freaked out. I'm hoping to keep you in my sights with the training plan. You're good motivation for me.
ReplyDeleteLike the widget on the sidebar, too.