This week I've been a little off my game and only brought my lunch one day. I ate lunch in the cafeteria one day (a carb laden, mushy pasta dish) and ate out a couple of days. Then I stumbled across this post about how eating what you want really needs to be interpreted as paying attention to how food makes you feel. It got me thinking about about how I've felt this week cobbling together meals that weren't necessarily "bad" just not designed to make me feel good. It's been knocking around in my head ever since.
I'm starting to realize how many times I go ahead and order the fries, order the crab rangoons when I am out to lunch - they taste good going down, but never feel good. Consuming very much sugar really leads me to a crash. I am mostly satisfied with my current weight and don't need to watch my food intake to loose weight, but more for weight management. But I really do need to start paying more attention to how the food I'm eating makes me feel - especially as I train to achieve the goal of running 26.2 mile this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment