Being in running shape is different than just being in shape.
Getting back into running shape is not pretty.
Running on the treadmill doesn't really mimic running outside with the hills, uneven terrain, the wind and (last week) a scary dog.
None the less, it feels great to be back out there. We were talking this morning about how much we are looking forward to saying the words, 'let's do an easy 5 miles,' as we settled for a slow-ish, not super easy 4.3.
AND great news!!! My sister has decided to race the Y Tri this summer. I was sitting on the fence about doing it again, mostly because I wasn't sure if my sister in law and my sister in law once removed were going to do it this year and I wasn't excited to race it by myself. But am now very excited to sign up for the third go! And I hope I have a lot of company on the course!
Yeah, the gettin-into-running-shape again...not super pretty around here either.
ReplyDeleteI'm excited for you that your sister is doing the Y tri with you - Hil's happy about it too! I'm still on the fence, though it's becoming increasingly appealing the more of you that sign up! I don't want to miss out on all the fun. So, we'll see...