I am not a big fan of breakfast - I don't wake up hungry. I know it is important and I eat breakfast everyday, mainly because if I don't I am ready to dive head first into a bag of Cheetos when I do get hungry around 10am. Most of the time I don't care much for traditional breakfast food; cereal, pancakes, french toast etc.... I frequently have an English muffin with cottage cheese, I sometimes have dinner leftovers. Recently I have been having 1 slice of wheat toast with a slice of cheddar cheese and some deli ham. I also like egg salad for breakfast.
This morning Amelia was watching me make my ham and cheese for breakfast and was just aghast. "Mama, we have that for lunch, not for breakfast!!!" She was simply appalled by my choice of breakfast food.
As I start to prepare myself for the long training process in anticipation of the Twin Cities Marathon I've thought a lot about food. What do I eat that gives me energy, stays with me, but doesn't bother my stomach, which can be a bit tender as my miles increase. Maybe it will be ham and cheese or egg salad sandwiches!
No comments:
Post a Comment