The class was completely full, we were through the warm up about a song and a half into the playlist when my iPod just stopped working. Not a sound except the awful clunking noise the stereo was making while I was fussing with it trying to get it to work. I ran to my car and grabbed my iPhone which had about 20 songs loaded on it nearly 2 years ago... (I didn't buy the high gig iPhone, so I haven't put my music on it because, ahem, I have an iPod) So the music totally sucked. It didn't really go with the workout I had planned, it was dated and I felt anxious about it. I moved on the very best I could, vowed not to let the music issues affect me and gave the class a tough work out.
I wonder if anyone will come back?
Oh, and I am going to have to buy a new iPod. I know mine is about 7 years old and I am overdue for an upgrade... I will have to teach 2.5 months of classes to pay off the iPod I need to teach the classes. The upside -I will have great music for all the running I need to be doing this year.
I've been in a class when that has happened. I'm sure you handled it just fine and the change of pace to some older music was probably fun for the people in class! I'm glad you're liking teaching the class!
ReplyDelete