The class was full, they were quiet (not that unusual for 5:30am on Mondays - I've taken that class before and I don't feel very chatty) but the feedback I got was pretty good. I enjoyed myself a lot, felt like I gave the group a good work out. My biggest point of uncertainty is how much to talk.... The master instructor who taught our certification class said that first time instructors tend to do one of two things - 1) bombard people with information or 2) freeze and say very little. I was trying to balance out - find a middle ground - be encouraging, but still pushing the group. I suspect I just need more experience to find what works for me....
I know there are instructors I really like and ones I tend to avoid. What I do in class won't work for everyone, so I need to give the people who connect to what I do the best I've got. But it was a lot of fun and I am already looking forward to the next one!
Good for you! Glad it went well. You are wise to realize that you can't please everyone...some of us don't love the instructors who spill out gobs of facts, some of us love them. Some of us love the non-workout chit chat from instructors, someo of us love them. We're freaks, aren't we? :)
ReplyDeleteMy biggest instructor pet-peeve is starting or ending the class late. Other than that, anything is forgivable. :)