The resolutions that are kicking around are big and small, and very typical I think!
Food
For the past year or so I've been a lot better about planning menus for the week and shopping to those menus. It saves money, we eat healthier and it cuts down dramatically on the sundown stress that is inevitable at our house. On the occasional week I don't do this we all feel it.
To add to this, I am resolving to purchase an adult lunch box so I can take my lunch with me to the Capitol at least 2X per week during the legislative session. During the session it is difficult to leave the building - parking is a challenge and schedules are unpredictable. The cafeteria food is not good and it's expensive. So I will plan my meals accordingly so I can have tasty leftovers in my lunch box during the week.
Fitness
Here it is - no secret I've been contemplating a marathon. I am not totally ready to say I am doing one, but here's what I am resolving to do: train for the Drake Relays Half Marathon - April 30th in Des Moines. Then use that training to run my 3rd Dam to Dam June 4th. Barring injury or burnout or intervening life events I will set my sights on a Fall marathon.
In there I would also like to do enough biking and swimming to get through the YWCA Triathlon in August, which I hope to race with my sister and sister in law.
No comments:
Post a Comment