Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Not that kind of mom

Today is my 39th birthday (for real, not 39 and holding). Ava has been brimming with the idea of making me breakfast in bed for my birthday. For the last couple of days she's been asking me really subtle questions like, "Do you think you can sleep in on your birthday?" "What's your favorite thing in the whole world to have for breakfast?"

As John is working with Ava to make plans he asks her, "Do you think your mom is the sleep in kind of mom?" According to John, Ava ponders this and says, "No, I think she's more the kind of mom that gets up early to run." Be still my heart.

So my family, that gets me so well, greeted me with a hearty breakfast of biscuits and gravy when I walked in the door from the gym.

Happy birthday to me! I am looking forward to what the last year of my 30's will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment