Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A very sporty Christmas, before and after

For all the alleged simplicity of exercise and running in particular I am admittedly a big fan of gear! I have invested in somethings (a new bike! nice running tights...) but have made do on many other fronts. This Christmas was a decidedly sporty one for me.

John bought me a very nice pair of sport sunglasses to wear when I bike and run. I have been going without sunglasses as the only pair I had were the $9.99 pair from Target and they were not up to the task. My good friend and bike mentor Bill was aghast that I would ride without sunglasses, for safety reasons if nothing else.

Lane gave me a gift card to Scheel's, which I spent on a new pair of running gloves. I had been using a pair I got in a race packet years ago, but they had a hole in them and were HUGE on me.

I got an Amazon.com gift card from my parents and I ordered the TYR Transition Backpack with that. My gym bag is over 10 years old - in fact I got it as a gift when I went to the 2000 Democratic convention in LA!

I am feeling very lucky and very ready to try out my new gear!



No comments:

Post a Comment