Saturday, September 3, 2011

Do I Really Eat That Much?

I am a big fan of the Daily Mile.  I like "chatting" about my workouts with Hilary and Holly.  The ticker that tracks my weekly/monthly/total mileage gives me a boost when I doubt my training - I can just look and see how far I've come.  The log gives me accountability, a record, data - love it!

One of the features on the Daily Mile calculates calories burned and total pounds burned.  Since I joined Daily Mile sometime in February (I think) I've burned 21 pounds. Hmmm..... That's curious.  I am not 21 pounds lighter.  In fact I am, at the very most, 3-4 pounds lighter.

I will certainly admit that marathon training (with a dollop of triathlon training) has given me some permission to help myself to a bowl of ice cream.  For the most part I eat pretty well.  I love food, I love to cook and so my struggle is generally keeping my portions in check.  I eat a wide variety of foods, most of which I prepare myself and include lots of veggies and some fruit.

This part of the ticker has me a little nervous for what happens when I am no longer running for 2+ hours on the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if you ever want me to tell you, firsthand, what happens when your level of exercise decreases and you continue to "reward" yourself with food.

    I might know someone who knows someone who knows something about this.

    ReplyDelete