This morning I slogged through a 7+ mile run. My legs were lead. My pace was slow. It was a beautiful morning, but I was so tired, so burned out, so ready to run this stupid thing and just get on the other side of it.
I logged onto the Daily Mile to record my run and started clicking through. Hmmm.... I haven't taken a day off for two weeks. I've taken rest days from cardio, but have lifted on those days. I've taken rest days from running, but have done other things, taken classes. Well no wonder I felt like crap.
Also, the food. Things have been a bit hectic here at the Waltolach house and I haven't been eating well. I think we had pizza 3 times this week. Garbage in = garbage out.
Tomorrow is a rest day. Tuesday I will take it easy. I did menu planning and grocery shopping this morning and have a week's worth of meals full of veggies and lean protein.
Two weeks to go until I taper. One big, big run left. Feeling... frankly.... a little fussy.
No comments:
Post a Comment