Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Time to Regroup

To a certain extent I have been training for the Twin Cities Marathon since February. Ok, I know that is a bit of hyperbole, but I signed up in February and then I kicked off training for Dam to Dam, knowing full well that race (and the training) would give me a very solid base. And it feels like I've been training for the marathon for.ever! and it is still 2 months away.

The upside? I've had lots of time to build a solid base and in doing so I haven't been injured or had any more than expected aches and pains. (Gods - please don't smite me!) It also means I had the room, just barely, to sign up for the YWCA Triathlon and work it (sort of) into my training schedule. We've set out a plan that stretches our long runs over a longer period of time, which gives us time to recover.

My schedule for the next couple of weeks is a little bit off. This weekend I am traveling to Boston for work. Lucky for me I am running a 10 mile race simulation on Monday with my running friend Megan, who has the day off, instead of trying to do it solo on my trip. Next weekend is the YWCA Triathlon, where I will race as best I can and hopefully reap some training benefits.

Then 19 (gulp).

Then 14.

Then 22 (Breathe!!!)

Then taper.

I am feeling a little burned out. My legs are very tired. Nagging doubts are creeping in even though my training is going really well. I am grateful for the next couple of weeks. I am grateful to have the opportunity to take a little break, do some different things, re-group a little before the last final push.


No comments:

Post a Comment