This week has practically been the embodiment of being thrown off my game. After a great season of training I had a rough run Monday. Then John had an out of town trial, I had an out of town Board meeting and the girls had a ton of activities. I took two days off after the epic 21 miler on Monday, partly by design, partly by necessity. I've done a couple of circuits (that included some running) and taught Spinning. But I feel like it's all fallen a bit flat.
This morning I was talking to John about my anxiety/worry/concern for what this means. John says to me - you have to treat this week like you've had the flu. You did the best you could, you are in great shape and one off week doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. Intellectually I know that is true, but it doesn't help my anxiety level two weeks out from 26.2.
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I totally get it, but he's right. There's no way you've "lost" any physical momentum after an entire season of VERY disciplined and deliberate training. But, I totally get it mentally.
ReplyDelete26.2 is a long ways...let.your.body.rest.