Tomorrow morning I plan to run 22 miles, my last, big, long run before the taper. John is out of town for trial and scheduling this run has been a bit of an ordeal. Megan (my running partner) had work-related scheduling difficulties and tomorrow worked best for her, so I am taking a vacation day from work. I will get the girls ready for school and deliver them to my parents, who will deliver them to school. For that I am very, very grateful.
We'll meet a few minutes after 7:30am to run the 22. Our plan is to do two 11 mile loops. Once one way, once in reverse. Our water stops are planned - we'll take our time and get it done. I'll have a couple of hours to rest and regroup before I pick up the girls from school and launch head long into solo parenting, dinner, soccer game....
I've been thinking about this run for a couple of weeks, it slips into my sub-consciousness at the oddest of times. Of course I am nervous. But I am also really ready to be on the other side of this. I want to know I can do it and then taper for the race. I am at the point in training where I am feeling a little ired of it all. I am tired - physically and emotionally. I am mentally ready for the race to be here, but also terrified for it to arrive.
Have I done enough?
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment