Saturday morning our group did a fartlek run, a break from our usual long weekend run. This week's schedule came out Sunday evening, staring down the barrel of week 5 of training, I met it with a heaping helping of apathy. Our goal = match the longest weekly mileage we've had so far this training season. For me that is 23 miles. With John's schedule that is going to be rough. I think I've got things plotted (with a nice assist from my parents) so I can at least come close.
But what does it matter if I don't? I love training season, I love the weekly schedule, the workouts to check off, the goals to meet. I can also be a little compulsive about adhering to the schedule. Sometimes life gets in the way.... this week I'll be out of my routine, looking for a little inspiration and hoping to hit my goal mileage. That's my week 5 schedule.
No comments:
Post a Comment