This week officially kicked off training for the Lake Minnetonka Half Marathon. It also was a week that I spent on the road for work. Four days in Washington, DC - one day at home, three days in Iowa City. In some ways that makes consistency easier. I am only responsible for myself and I'm not negotiating with John for early morning workouts (poor guy didn't get much exercise this week). In some ways it is tougher. I'm at the whims of my bosses (who I traveled with in DC), I am eating way too much rich restaurant food, I am staying in hotels so I either brave the unfamiliar areas or run on the treadmill.
Despite the ups and the downs, the week went pretty well. I got in three very solid runs, and two short ones. I did a boot camp class at the hotel gym three days in a row. I blessedly get home this afternoon, then John hits the road next week for work. And the juggling act continues....
Sunday, February 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment