Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Best of Intentions

I started this training season with so many good intentions....

I am going to blog here more because I like keeping this record!

Maybe I'll start to post recipes, menu plans, a log of how I feel after I eat certain foods to try to put that puzzle together a little better!

I am going to follow a training plan!

I will do speed work at least once a week!

So here I am....  This blog has been so quiet.

I make mental notes of food things, but nothing comprehensive.  (For example, too much dairy = bad GI issues on longer runs.)

I weekly meals for me and my family each Sunday, but make no record. This week - Monday = Pasta Primavera, Tuesday = chicken, potatoes and green beans, Wednesday = steak salad with rosemary flatbread, Thursday = fajitas.....  Yesterday's chicken was awesome and I sure would like to keep track of that recipe - here.

The half marathon training plan - let's be honest, I'm kind of winging it.  My general principles have been to run three times during the week and do a longer run on the weekend.  I teach Spinning once a week and I try to cross train another day per week.   I am trying to do a hill workout once a week and one run where I shorten my distance and push my pace.  But it has been an inexact process. My long runs have kind of followed the "add one mile to the distance each week" plan.

I want to celebrate what is going well, not just talk about what I'm NOT doing, but mostly I'm not sure how to put a better structure around my training, my goals for this year.

1 comment:

  1. Well I, for one, like your fun new additions to the blog! You might feel like you're winging it, but your plan for hills, speedwork, long run, cross training...sounds very intentional and "by the books." So I'd say you're winging it pretty darn well.

    ReplyDelete