I know I am perfectly capable of borrowing trouble, but I have trained better for this race than any I've done. I have a time goal that is attainable and the anticipated heat is certainly a complicating factor.
This week I need to hydrate well, rest well and lay off the wine. Race day I need to take a lot of water, dress cool, wear my hat and be careful.
I need to remember that this race is just a day, I am simply racing myself. I have already shown myself I can improve. I need to remember a large part of Dam to Dam training is to begin the process of getting ready for the Twin Cities Marathon.
In short, I need to do what I can do and get over my pity party!
AGHHH!!! I will happily indulge in your pity party with you! I agree, it's not fair. All I can say is that you have trained incredibly well, you've made remarkable gains, and the weather is totally out of your control. I can't imagine there's a single runner who will be out there that would prefer running in hot weather. I'll pray for some cloud cover. That first year of the Y-tri we thought was going to be a total washout and it wasn't, so stay glued to weather.com. You are as prepared as you can be, and you are going to do a fantastic job!
ReplyDelete