Thursday, July 7, 2011

Crash

It pretty much always happens and I'm pretty much always surprised. I have an emotional let down I never expect after a big race. Another reason to contemplate why I do this to myself? Is there a way to avoid it? All I know is I woke up Wednesday morning feeling very blue. Suddenly this Fall's marathon seems like an absolutely insurmountable distance. No way I'll be able to adequately prepare. Oh, and I'm fat. And slow. And foolish.

Time to pick up, dust off and get my mind right. Because this train of thought is certainly not productive.



3 comments:

  1. What?!? Fat? Slow? Foolish? Hardly the words I would use to describe you. You've done two big races in a month. You work full-time. You're a wife and a mom. You're a great athlete!! Your training workouts have been nothing but successful in getting you to your goals, and I have no doubt that they'll continue to work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say yes, you're foolish alright. Foolish for thinking you are fat or slow.

    However, as you personally witnessed, I totally get the "funk". In fact, can you see me down here? I'm still in it.

    However, it's easy for ME to see that YOU have trained beautifully for the races you've done. You've done it smart and injury free. You look fantastic and your races have been awesome. Seriously.

    You've got a lot on your plate on any given day. Take it one day at a time and just keep doing what you're doing because it obviously IS working.

    ReplyDelete