This weekend while Megan and I were running our 12 miler we were talking about the need to increase our mileage now that we are officially in marathon training season. We were talking about the 3 mile base line and Megan proclaimed that 5 miles needs to become the new 3. And I think she's exactly right. At this stage of my training I am generally able to cover 5 miles pretty easily. And frankly, most days if I have time to run 3 I have time to run 5.
This morning I intended to test that theory on a 5:30am run with my neighbor Molly. But at 5:30am this morning it was pouring rain. And whipping wind. I had some flexibility with the start of my work day, so I saw John and the girls off and set off for my run around 7:30am after the weather settled down. About .75 mile into my run I ran into Molly (my intended running partner) and joined her for the rest of the workout! Apparently we were meant to run together today! She's quicker than I am and pushed our pace the whole time. Imagine my surprise when I finished the run feeling great a few clicks under a 9 minute pace!
No comments:
Post a Comment